24 September, 2009

How to tune in to Vatican Radio on the Web? இணைய தளத்தில் வத்திக்கான் வானொலியைக் கேட்பது எப்படி?

As you can see, organisation is not my strength. I began the blog… just like that… and now I am trying to put some logic into my posts…
Did I tell you how to tune in to Vatican Radio on the internet? I guess not. Better late than never. Right? Let me begin with a confession. When I was in India, I did not listen to Vatican Radio. I tried to tune in to the SW in my transistor; but did not succeed. At that time, I did not know that Vatican Radio had an internet podcast facility. Only after reaching Rome, Eureka... I discovered that. Let me give you the details as to how you can tune in to the programmes over the internet.
You need to open the following website for the homepage. http://www.radiovaticana.org/index.html
On the homepage, there are lots of language choices. Click on the Thamizh தமிழ் language. This takes you to the next page where we post all the news, views and other features of the day in Thamizh. The full text of my reflections will appear on this page. On the top right you will see a column just under the date, titled Nigazchigalai Kel நிகழ்ச்சிகளைக் கேள். Under this, there is Kettukondathan Peril கேட்டுக்கொண்டதன் பேரில். Click on this and it takes you to the next page titled: Broadcast On Demand & Podcast. All the audio programmes for the day are posted here. The fourth section is Tamil 19’. Click on the Asia mp3 button. You can listen to that day’s programme. This page is updated every day around 5 or 5.30 p.m. If you click on the PODCAST sign on the top of this section, it takes you to the next page where the whole week’s programmes are posted. Tuesdays and Saturdays around 5 p.m. my programmes Viviliya Thedal (விவிலியத் தேடல்) and Gnayiru Chinthanai (ஞாயிறு சிந்தனை) are posted on the internet. They will be there for 24 hours.
I hope I have made things clearer and easier… Happy listening…
A bit busy working on the news for the day. I shall try and post my past programmes and my next Sunday Reflection soon. Some of you have given me some feedback, especially on the way I speak during the programme. Hope to improve on that. Thanks, for the feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment